Friday, February 29, 2008

Jumbo Pizza Sandwich- Freezer meal idea


This is a great freezer meal. The recipe calls for only 1/2 pound of meat to cover both sides of a french bread cut horizontally. I usually make it with a whole pound of meat and freeze the second half for another meal.


This is a great dish with soup, especially if it is a meatless soup and you have carnivores in your home like mine!!! I get disgusted looks if I try to serve meatless meals.


1 Loaf French Bread- sliced in two, horizontally set aside


Pre-heat oven 400 degrees


1/2 pound Raw ground meat (I like Turkey since I avoid gr. beef like the plague)

1/4 c chopped black olives

1 clove garlic chopped

3/4 tsp. salt

dash pepper

1/4 tsp. oregano

6 oz. tomato paste

1/4 c Parmesan cheese, the real stuff


Mix and spread on the cut side of bread. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven.


2 tomatoes slice thin (opt)

Cheese slices (Jack, cheddar, or I prefer both)


Add tomatoes and cheese slices. Bake 5 more minutes. Cut and serve.




1 comment:

julie said...

I forgot. I freeze the meat only and wait on the bread until time to serve. It takes almost no freezer room and defrosts quickly!