Saturday, February 9, 2008

Winter Green Salad

My sister-in-law asked me for this recipe so I thought I would put it on my blog, since I was going to have to type it anyway. That way one and all could enjoy. All I ask for in return is a comment. Tell us what you liked best about this salad and any variations if you did any. Thanks!


Oh and one more thing. Share your favorite recipe:)!


1/4 c chopped pecans
2 Tbsp sugar


In a small frying pan over med. heat, stir together until sugar melts and starts to carmelized. Cool on foil.


Romain/Spinach/Green Lettuce (and your favorite)
Purple Grapes- cut length-wise
1 pomengranite- cut in 1/2 and break under water to get seeds out
3 Kiwi- peeled, sliced and cut in 1/4s


Mix and add pecans. Place a damp paper towel over salad.


1/4 c oil
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt


Whisk and Chill. Toss onto salad right before serving.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Yay! I'm so happy you posted this for me, I would love to be part of this blog! It may take me a while to start posting blogs, recipes are so hard to post sometimes! :) Thanks again!

julie said...

You are signed up as an author so give us a recipe whenever you have a moment. Thanks!