Friday, February 15, 2008







Val’s Soda Cracker Pie

3 Egg Whites Beat until peaks form.
1 C Sugar Add gradually and beat as stiff as possible
14 Small Soda Cracker Squares} Crush crackers and mix with Baking Powder
1 t Baking Powder } Fold into sugar mixture.
¾ C Chopped Walnuts or Pecans Fold nuts & vanilla in also.
1 t Vanilla Spread in greased 9” pie pan. Bake @ 350° for about 20 minutes.
Top should be beginning to brown.
Remove from oven and cool. It will crack.
1 C Cream, Whipped and Sweetened
Cool and top with whipped cream.
Refrigerate 4 – 24 hours.

2 comments:

julie said...

It sounds not so appetizing but it is a FAVORITE!!! I have problems with walnuts (they eat a way my mouth) so I wonder if peacans would be a good substitute?

chelle said...

I don't know if pecans would work, but it would be worth a try. I know it sounds odd but boy it is good. M