Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Post by: Mechelle
Luscious chocolate mousse

1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 T cold water
2 T boiling water
½ c sugar
¼ c cocoa
q c whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

soften gelatin in cold water for
1 minute. Add boiling water & stir
until dissolved. Mix cocoa and
sugar. Add to whipping cream and
beat at medium speed until soft peaks
form. Add gelatin and blend well.
Spoon into serving dishes & chill ½ hour.
Makes 4 – ½ cup servings. Top with an oreo
Cookie or toasted, salted sunflower seeds.

I put this in the same crumb crust for
Strawberry pieor crushed OREOs.
Sometimes I fold in toasted Macadamia nuts.
If I am making this for company I triple the
Amounts and use a whole quart of Cream.
I love chocolate but I don’t like it too strong.

3 comments:

julie said...

This is the BEST Chocolate Mousse! Our mom "researched" and "researched" until she found this one.

What is so good about this one is there are no eggs in in. I just made it for Christmas Eve dessert. I doubled it and put (not too) crushed up oreos in it. I had a baked pie crust and put the mousse in the crust. Then I stuck whole oreos all around the top. It was gone quick!

I do also go easy on the amount of chocolate I put in it. I bet crushed up mint oreos would be great or candy canes or whatever your imagination can come up with. J

Jenn said...

sounds divine!

julie said...

I made chocolat mousse this weekend for a family get together. For a fun twist I crunch up Western Family fudge Mint Squares cookies(which I like even better than Grasshoppers or Girl Scout Mint cookies). I put them in the bottom of a pie pan, like a crust but it did not stick together like a crust. Then I folded some of the crumbs inside the mouse, plus sprinkled some on top. It was AMAZING! I am making mouse from now on this way, always and forever!