Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ice Cream Cake Ideas


I had asked for good ice cream cake ideas on my blog. I wanted something similar to Dairy Queen's ice cream cakes. However since I have never had an ice cream cake from DQ I was a bit disadvantage in trying to come up with ideas.


My good friend Jill called me and gave me three different ideas and I thought I would share them with you. These ideas sound delish and I plan to make them very soon.


The first is one made with ice cream sandwiches. I will call it ... um let me be creative here and call it "Ice Cream Sandwiches Cake." Catchy?


Ice Cream Sandwiches Cake


12 ice cream sandwiches

1 jar hot fudge sauce

1/2 jar caramel sauce

cool whip

nuts


In a 9x13 pan. Layer #1- ice cream sandwiches, #2-1/2 jar of fudge sauce, #3-1/4 jar of caramel sauce, #4-nuts. Repeat layers one more time. Top with cool whip. Freeze until 20-ish minutes before serving.


The second Ice cream cake idea was this.


Bake a cake in 2 round cakes, cool, wrap in seran, and freeze. Line the cake pans with seran. Pack the pans with softened ice cream and freeze.


Layer cake, ice cream, favorite ice topping (Jill's favorite is Milkyway flavored topping), cake, ice cream, topping, and cool whip. Top with whatever you please, crunched candies or cookies, nuts, etc.


The third idea is what I will call...


Ice Cream Rolled Cake


Super moist Cake Mix (with pudding)

Bake in a Texas Sheet Cake pan (try 15 minutes) place parchment paper in pan before you pour batter into pan.

Flip cake out onto a clean towel, with a thin layer of powder sugar.

Slice ice cream over cake

Roll up cake and freeze.

Frost with Cool Whip

Sprinkle with chocolate shavings or whatever. Drizzle sauce over cake.


A good combination was chocolate cake with peppermint ice cream.


I hope you enjoy!

No comments: