Monday, February 25, 2008

Black Bean Soup

This is one of my all time favorite soups. For Thanksgiving '07 my parents, Mechelle's family, and my family went to Puerto Penasco, Mexico. I brought the ingreidents for this soups and we made it one evening. Here is a picture of me cooking in Mexico.

Notice the tan face, it is now white as the snow that has covered Utah for serveral months now. I miss sunshine!

Black Bean Soup

2 Tbsp. Olive oil
4 Stalks diced celery
1 diced onion (large)
1 tsp. garlic

Saute in a large pot

3 cans. chicken broth
2 cans black beans; drained and rinsed
1-16 oz bottle salsa
1 c. cooked chicken cubed
1 c. cooked rice (I have deemed this opt)
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp cumin

Add the remaining ingredients and heat thoroughly. Serve with fritos, grated cheese, sour cream, guacamole.

PS I really like cilantro, I add it to the soup even though it is not in the recipe.


No comments: