Saturday, February 9, 2008

Tomato Corn Chowder

David took me out to dinner for our 15th anniversary. I had a soup that was absolutely to die for.Instead of dying I chose to scour the internet for it (I LOVE the internet especially when it comes to recipes searches). After a little bit of tweeking, this is what I came up with (let me know what you think)...



2 TBSP. olive oil

1 1/2 c. chopped onion

1 tsp. oregano1 tsp. dried thyme



Saute medium heat in a 3 quart pot until brown



28 oz. can crushed tomatoes

2 c. fresh tomatoes, diced



Add



4 c. water



Add, reduce heat. Simmer 30 minutes. Cover and stir occasionally.



1/4 c. white flour

1 c. heavy cream (try fat free 1/2 & 1/2; once you try heavy cream you are doomed you will know what you missing)



Mix together until smooth. Add one c. of soup into flour mixture and mix until smooth. Add to soup and mix.



2 c. corn kernels

1/4 c fresh parsley, minced

1 1/2 tsp saltwhite pepper to taste

1/8-1/4 c. raw sugar



Simmer on very low heat for 15 minutes. Serve with grated cheese, I like parmesan.



I hope you enjoy!

No comments: