Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mechelle’s NEVER FAIL WHEAT BREAD

I love making bread. Part of the reason is that bread, good bread, is so expensive. And another part of it, is that I like to know just what is going into my food and into my kids tummies. Here is one of my favorite bread recipes. I make it twice a week! Tuesday and Friday. YUM.

Mechelle’s NEVER FAIL WHEAT BREAD

5 C Hottest Tap Water
6 C Whole Wheat Flour*
1/3 C Salad Oil }
1 C Honey }Mix together.
3 T Salt }
2 T Powder Milk }
2 T Yeast }
1/2 C Warm Water } Dissolve

Mix all together and add:

6 C Whole Wheat Flour* Knead till soft and pliable.

Let rise until double, 45 minutes +/-. To make a multigrain bread reduce wheat flour by 1 Cup and add cracked wheat, whole millet, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds to total 1 cup. Shape into three loaves.
Bake 45 minutes @ 350°.

No comments: