Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cinnamon Rolls

I just made these this weekend, they are delicious!

2 T. Yeast
1/2 C. Warm Water
1/2 C. Sugar
Combine the above, stir until smooth.
1/2 C. Milk
1/2 C. Butter
Microwave until butter is almost melted and add to yeast mixture
Add:
2 Eggs
1 t. Salt
4 C. Flour
Knead approx. 15 mins. Let rise 2 hours, or until doubled. Roll into rectangle. Pour 1/3-1/2 c. Melted Butter over and sprinkle on Br. Sugar and Cinnamon. Roll and Cut off into 12 pieces. Bake in 13 x 9 in. pan at 375, 15 minutes.

To Frost, combine:
1/4 c. soft butter
2 C. Pwd. Sugar
3 t. Milk
1 t. vanilla.
pour over cooled rolls.

My mom also suggested combining pwd sugar, a little maple ext. and a little wm. water for a glaze, sounds good to me!

4 comments:

julie said...

YUM! I WILL try these very soon and Bryce will love you even more for it.

julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chelle said...

Looks good Jen. Thanks for the ten extra pounds I will gain! :) Mechelle

Jenn said...

I know, I know...what's the use of being a little portly if you can't enjoy yummy food, I have worked very hard for every pound I've earned, can you tell!?