Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Greek-Style Skillet Supper


I have had this recipe in my recipe box for a LONG time and I finally tried it for the first time tonight. Talk about easy and yummy! Pierce had two large helpings! This is going to become a regular. It calls for Cinnamon which I hesitated to put in but decided to try it. The scent did not convince me this was a keeper but the taste sure did.


This recipe is from http://www.mccormick.com/ which I have added to my links. I did check out the site and there are more recipes that I will HAVE to try. I hope the others are as fast and easy as this. I think you could have this made in 30-45 minutes but you can easily do other things while it is cooking.


1/2 pound gr. beef (again I used gr. turkey and it was fabulous. I like gr. turkey because it is cheaper and healthier)
1/2 c chopped onion
1 can (14 1/2 oz) beef broth (I used two c. water and 2 boullion cubes)
1 1/2 c. penne pasta, uncooked (I think I will use more next time)
1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes
1 1/2 c frozen cut green beans (I used french style from the can)
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 c crumbled feta cheese, divided


1. In large skillet, brown beef with onion over medium-high heat. Drain fat.


2. Add broth; bring to boil. Stir in pasta, Return to boil and simmer, covered, 8 min.


3. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese. Return to boil. Stir in 1/2 c. feta cheese. Simmer, uncovered, 7-10 minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Sprinkle with remaining feta. Makes 4 GENEROUS servings.

No comments: