Friday, March 14, 2008

Gnocchi- Italian Potatoe Pasta

Here is a yummy dish that in inexpensive. I love this and you can eat it like pasta with red sauce, Alfredo sauce, pesto sauce, or just butter and Parmesan cheese. We love this, even my son who turns his head up to many foods eats this one. The best thing about this dish is the price very economical!


6 large potatoes, peeled, hot and cooked (I boil them)
4 T. butter
3 eggs, slightly beaten
2 tsp. baking powder
4 c. flour

Mash potatoes. Beat in butter, eggs and baking powder. Salt and pepper to taste. Sift in flour, making a stiff dough. Mix and knead until dough is smooth. Shape dough into long rolls (remember the play dough days make the super long snakes we use to make) about as thick as a finger and cut into 1" pieces. Press each piece with you thumb to make a crescent shape (I don't bother with the crescent but it is in the directions). Cook gnocchi a few (I do more than a few)at a time in a large pot of boiling salted water until they rise to the surface. Arrange in a heated baking dish and sprinkle with melted butter and Parmesan cheese. Set dish in a 350 degree oven til cheese is melted. Salt and pepper to taste.

If you are serving with a sauce omit the sprinkling of butter and Parmesan cheese. Although it still would be excellent with it just a lot more fattening.

2 comments:

chelle said...

I about to try these. Thanks for the post. m

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.