Saturday, March 29, 2008

Coconut Syrup


My friend Nikki, introduced me to coconut syrup. Holy yummy batman! If you like coconut this is to die for!!! The hitch is that you have to go to Hawaii to get it. Well I am looking for syrup recipes that are similar, here are a few I found. Tell me which one is your favorite


COCONUT SYRUP:
1 c. sugar

1/2 c. water

2 tbsp. butter

1 tsp. coconut extract


Combine sugar, water and butter and bring to a boil; boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in flavoring. Serve over warm pancakes.


Another one:


COCONUT FLAVORED PANCAKE SYRUP

1 c. sugar

1 c. light Karo

Boil sugar and Karo together until sugar is dissolved. Take off heat and add 1 cup cream and 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring. Keep in refrigerator.


Another one: (this one sounds really good since it has cream of coconut but I would use butter)


1 cup canned cream of coconut

2 tablespoons margarine

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 sprinkle salt

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and gently heat. Serve warm on cake or ice cream or pancakes and waffles.
This recipe from CDKitchen for Coconut Syrup serves/makes 1 cup

No comments: