Friday, August 14, 2009

Avocado Dip (Help this needs a new name)

First of all, thank you Jill for this recipe! Your recipe was the hit of our cousin pool party!

Thanks Angela and Janell for making me feel like Martha Stewart! If only I were worth half what she is worth!:)

Here is the dip...

2 cans black beans drained and rinsed
2 cans corn drained
1 red onion chopped (I only used 1/3 of an onion and minced. My mom's influence here)
5-6 tomaotes chopped
1-2 green peppers chopped
5-6 avocadoes diced
1 bunch cilantro minced (OK perhaps not quite minced)

Mix all together

Sauce:
3 lime juiced (ouch I could not have done more) I think I will try more next time
1 pkg Fajita seasoning mix (I measured it and it is just short of a 1/4 c, in case you buy this in bulk like me)
1 c. Italian salad dressing
salt and pepper to taste

Mix together (I made the sauce and put the avocados in it directly once diced to prevent browning) and pour over the rest of the ingredients. Stir together, chill. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments: