Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mojo Veggie Broth

This is for cooking meats and vegetables fondue style. I have been told you can also use this broth as a wine substitute in the cheese fondues. However I have never done this and if you notice the amount of salt in this baby I hesitate to try it until I make the fondue for me, myself, and I. My mom always said, "Never try new recipes on guests." I can not say I follow her advice faithfully but when I am in doubt I do!!!

5 1/2 c. warm water
Juice of 1/2 orange (about 2 Tbsp.)
Juice of 1/2 lime (about 1 Tbsp.)
3 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
1 Tbsp. finely chopped celery
1 Tbsp. finely chopped carrot
1 Tbsp. finely chopped garlic
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp. kosher salt
1 Tbsp. freshly ground pepper

Whisk all together. In a fondue pot bring to a rapid simmer. Thread meat or vegetable on a fondue fork. Cook in the brother to the desired degree of doneness. Serve with your favorite sauce.

No comments: