Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fruit Jello

I am anti jello salads. They are desserts not salads and refuse to make them in general. Except for this recipe due to the amount of fruit in it. However if I am truly honest with myself, this is a dessert too.

2 pkgs. raspberry gelatin
2 c. boiling water
1 can. (8 oz) crushed pineapple, drained & reserve juice (I use a large can)
1 1/2 cup raspberries, strawberries or blueberries whatever you can get your hands on
3-4 med. bananas smashed
1/2 chopped pecans

Dissolve gelatin in water. With reserve juice add enough water to measure 1 cup; stir into gelatin mixture. Stir pineapple, berries, bananas, and pecans. Pour into 13x9 dish. cover and refrigerate until firm.

Frosting (this is what makes this a dessert)

1 pkg cream cheese (8 oz), softened
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c sugar (I use less so it is not so desserty)


Beat cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar til smooth. Spread over firm gelatin. cover and refrigerate until serving.

No comments: