Friday, September 4, 2009

Creamy Poppyseed Dressing

I am currently looking for a good one with small amounts of vinegar and sugar. They are hard to find. David's brother and his wife will be here tomorrow and I have a favorite green salad that I thought I would make for them. It calls for Creamy Poppyseed salad dressing.

Here is what else I put in it.

Favorite greens
Berries (I like blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries sometimes strwberries)
Feta
Carmelized pecans

That will the dressing makes a wonderful summer salad. I suppose if you like raw onions I would add a red onion but I personally do not like to ruin my green salads with raw onions. Funny how I adore cooked onions.

Well to make a short entry long here are the recipes I will think about trying...


1/2 cup fat-free creamy salad dressing (ie: Fat Free Miracle Whip TM) (I HATE Miracle Whip so I don't know about this one)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup white sugar (I might try 2T first to see if I can get a way with less)
1/8 cup distilled white vinegar
1 tablespoon poppy seeds

In a small bowl, whisk together salad dressing, milk, white sugar, vinegar, and poppy seeds. Chill until ready to use.

Recipe #2

1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1/8 teaspoon pepper

In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all of the ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate until serving.

Recipe #3

1/2 c. mayonnaise or creamy salad dressing
1/4 c. sour cream
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. poppy seedsWhite or black pepper, to taste

Mix, chill, serve.

No comments: