Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cake Shape Frosting

I visited my sister last week for spring break. We made some race car shape cakes for the Pine Wood Derby. We did not have the right frosting recipe. I decided I NEVER EVER want that to happen again. This recipe is more for me than anyone else. As far as frosting recipes go this is not the most delicious but it is by far the easiest to frost with. It is light light light and it looks like whipped marshmallows. It is best on a yellow cake.

1 c. sugar
1/3 c. water
1/4 tsp. cream of Tartar
Dash of salt

Combine in a pan. Bring to a boil. Boil until sugar dissolves.

2 egg whites

Put in a mixer. While mixing slowly add sugar mixture to the unbeaten eggs. Beat constantly with electric mixer about 7 minutes.

Add 1 tsp. vanilla (don't tell my mom this but sometimes I omit this to keep the frosting a true white.)

No comments: